Applying DuPont™ 25 Year Painter's Caulk
Follow these simple instructions for applying the product.
Applying DuPont™ 25 Year Painter’s Caulk is simple and the product easily cleans up with just soap and water. Available in cartridge packaging that requires a caulk gun to apply.
The area must be thoroughly cleaned before caulking any joint, gap or crack. Surfaces to be caulked must be dry and free of all dirt, dust, oil, mildew, loose paint, and old caulk. Use masking tape to prevent sealant from sticking to adjoining areas. Remove tape immediately after sealant has been tooled. Only apply sealant when surface and air temperatures will remain above 40°F. Do not apply on surfaces that are above 100°F.
- Test paint for compatibility prior to caulking.
- Clean surface to be caulked.
- For gaps greater than 1/2” deep, use a backer rod.
- Insert caulk tube into the caulk gun.
- Cut the dispensing nozzle at a 45° angle.
- While slowly squeezing the caulk gun trigger, gently push the sealant nozzle along the gap to be sealed. Ensure complete contact is made on both surfaces being sealed.
- Smooth applied bead with a moist cloth or finishing tool.
- Clean tools with soap and water
- Cured bead should be between 1/8″ and ½’’ wide.
- Allow 4 to 6 hours curing time before applying paint.
- Coverage: 50 linear feet for a 3/16” bead (9.5 oz cartridge)
Not intended for areas that will be submerged in water. Do not use on surfaces that come into contact with food or in aquariums. Keep unused product from freezing
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the advantages of DuPont™ 25 Year Painter’s Caulk? DuPont™ 25 Year Painter’s Caulk is a quality siliconized acrylic caulk that can be used on a variety of interior and exterior surfaces. When the caulk is painted, it will not exhibit cracking or shine through of the paint.
Can DuPont™ 25 Year Painter’s Caulk be used to fill cracks and nail holes? Yes, DuPont™ 25 Year Painter’s Caulk is ideal for filling small cracks and nail holes.
Can I use it on the exterior of my home? Yes, DuPont™ 25 Year Painter’s Caulk may be used on both interior and exterior applications.
What type of surface preparation is needed prior to applying the product? It is important that the area be thoroughly cleaned before caulking any joint, gap or crack. Surfaces to be caulked must be dry and free of all dirt, dust, oil, mildew, loose paint, and old caulk. Only apply when caulk, surface and air temperatures will remain above 40°F. Do not apply on surfaces that are above 100°F.
What is spider webbing? Spider webbing is a term used to describe paint film cracking. Typically, if you paint over caulk before it dries, the paint film will crack and discolor. DuPont™ 25 Year Painter’s Caulk is uniquely formulated to prevent spider webbing.
Is DuPont™ 25 Year Painter’s Caulk VOC compliant? Yes. The VOC content on all of the DuPont™ Acrylic Sealants is less than 1.5%.
What do I use to clean excess product from tools or other surfaces? All of the DuPont™ Acrylic Sealants can be cleaned with soap and water.